1:24 Scale die cast is the most popular scale of NASCAR and NHRA die cast for the collector that collects one or two drivers. 1:24 scale cars are approx 8 inches in length.
The 1:24 die cast cars from Action come in various levels of quality and finishes:
Level of Quality:
- Highest quality being the Elite Series. These are available only through RCCA initially, once these make their way to the secondary market the prices for these rise from their original retail price of $109.99.
- The most popular collector grade of 1:24 scale die cast from Action is the Platinum Series. These have opening hood, trunks, roof flaps (when applicable), and pose able front tires. These typically range from $64.99-$99.99 depending on paint finish, like color chrome, liquid color, etc
- The 3rd grade of die cast from Action released to the dealer network is the Gold Series. These were mostly produced for sponsors to purchase, but Action made them available to the dealers for the Nationwide Ford Mustang and Toyota Camry. This sit he only series for those two cars, they are not available in Platinum Series. Gold Series has opening hood, but the roof flaps and the trunks do not open. Also the front wheel spin but do not turn left or right. These typically range in price from $39.99-$59.99, again depending on paint finish
Finishes for 1:24 scale
- Standard Finish: The paint finish will closely resemble that of the actual car the way it was raced "on track"
- Color Chrome: Color Chrome die cast have a special finish with a very high gloss. Color Chrome is a labor-intensive process of polishing the entire body of a car by hand. Then the die cast is chrome-plated with a multi-step electro-plating process, painted with a clear lacquer inspired by the tint of the original car, and sponsor decals are applied over the Color Chrome Finish. The result is a highly superior quality product and dazzling finish. Among the favorite of the special finish collectors. Color Chrome in essence is a shiny version of the base color of the car that was raced on the track.
- Liquid Color: Liquid Color is a semi-metallic painted finish that creates a reflective version of a team's standard paint scheme. Liquid color finish makes the cars look like the paint is still wet. A very beautiful finish when applied to red, blue and green paint schemes
- Raw Finish: RAW cars feature a rough, untouched body that makes for a tough-as-nails look with the barest hint of clear coating to prevent oxidation. These die cast are decaled with full-color sponsor and team logos that stand out on the cool metal background.
- Vintage Finish: Vintage die cast have a unique copper tone finish that will make your die cast look old school and classy all at the same time. Finished off with a gloss coating, the vintage die cast are sure to set your collection apart from the rest.